Thursday, December 15, 2016

The evolution of today's poinsettia painting

Today, I went to Stella Niagara for a painting class. The theme was poinsettia plants. I had several references to work from so that I could see the size and shape of poinsettia leaves. I started by sketching several circles very lightly, and then I drew the basic shape of the flower. The circle keeps all of the petals (which are actually leaves) looking as though they are a similar size.

I completed my drawing, with poinsettias in the middle and design elements on the top and the bottom. Today, the style that I was going for was illustration. I was looking to create a design, rather than a realistic image of a flower.

I decided to paint the background first. I chose yellow as the background for the middle section.

For the top and bottom segments, I chose virdinian, which is a transparent emerald green color.

I painted the leaves and the poinsettias and the holly leaves and the pine branches. I used a light green for the leaves and two shades of red for the petals (carmine and alizaron crimson). 

Here is the completed painting, my interpretation of the poinsettia theme.

7 comments:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
    Visit here for xbox live gold gift card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, amazing content, thank you very much for sharing.
    Take a look at this article Best Grocery List Apps Every iPhone User Should Use

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again. Nice article and pleasant arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these. And don't forgrt to give your valuable review on my work

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete