Wednesday, March 7, 2012

my hat

In the mixed media online workshop with Strathmore and Traci Bautista, I learned about doodling and about playing with a variety of media. At the same time, I was looking at a plain black hat that a friend had given me. I had wanted to decorate that hat for some time. So I decided to draw on the hat and to play! This time, I used fabric paint, permanent markers, embroidery floss, buttons, and beads as my toys... um... tools. I had great fun with this hat and it was a good way for me to use up some of that button collection that I have made (I love buttons). I thought that the beads would add some brightness and texture to the hat so I added those, too. I might go into the hat design business!
Here is the hat:
Alice's fun art hat. I almost lost it in the wind today but, fortunately, was able to catch it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyce, Just wanted to let you know that I recieved one of your cards from the Strathmore tade. :) It's wonderful! Thank-you Stephani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephani. I received one of your cards, and it is beautiful.
      I love how glittery it is!
      alice

      Delete