Friday, February 10, 2012

Sketching in the Beauty Parlor

Where ever I go, I always have a sketchbook, graphite pencils, colored pencils, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener. I never know when there might be an opportunity to make that random drawing. I've drawn pictures just about everywhere: in the waiting room at doctors' offices, in the subway station, in the bus terminal, in the library! Just about anywhere that I've had to sit and wait, I took the opportunity to draw.
Today, I had an appointment with my hairdresser, Jacquie. It was for a cut and color. While I waited for the color to set in my hair, I fetched one of those books that features really good people with even better hair. They are the haircut models. They are nice for drawing because the photographs are just of the haircut model without a lot of messy background.
So here is the haircut model that I drew today. Jacquie said that she liked the picture and she especially liked the model's lovely makeup.
Well. I never get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment